Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 2 Report

Day 2 was happily a success.  Here's how it went:

Morning Pre-Run Snack: 1/2 banana
Ran 2 miles with the jogging stroller (still getting the hang of running with a stroller - it is HARD)
Breakfast: 1/2 banana, 1 egg (scrambled) with a little bit of cheddar jack, slice of whole wheat toast + butter
Lunch: leftover sweet and sour chicken from dinner
Afternoon Snack: green smoothie (spinach, banana, pineapple, orange, honey, ice)
Dinner: Grilled chicken and veggie sandwich on a sandwich thin (grilled chicken, mashed avocado, cheddar, cucumbers, red peppers, lettuce, tomato mustard), sweet potato fries, watermelon, green salad (no dressing)

Even though I am not trying to count or cut calories, I did record my food on dailyburn throughout the day and was shocked that it came out to less than 1200 calories. I felt completely satisfied throughout the day and enjoyed everything I ate (though the salad could use some dressing - I'll work on that).

I did discover an oversight: the bread AND sandwich thins I bought do contain sugar, but since I have so many, I'm just going to suck it up and eat them.  I can make healthier choices (like baking my own whole wheat bread) but I'm not going to waste the food I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment